Hey 👋, we are looking for a member to join our team. Are you interested?
Webiny is a company with a mission to empower developers to create applications and websites on top of the serverless infrastructure. We are an open-source business and our users are developers like us. Our main belief is that serverless is the future of development and if you think the same, please read on.
We are a VC backed company in a very hot space. The serverless market is about to grow 5x in the next 5 years. More and more companies are turning to serverless to shorten their development lifecycles, remove scaling problems, and reduce their infrastructure cost.
Webiny wants to help them by providing processes, tools, and ready-made apps. Our goal is to drive the adoption of serverless.
About the Role
Since we are a small team, in this role you'll have a big opportunity to directly influence the technical and product design choices we will make.
You will be responsible for:
- 🏗️ architecting, coding and documenting new features and solutions
- 💬 engaging with other developers via our GitHub
- ✍️ creating content such as blog posts, tutorials, and screencasts
- 🧠 brainstorming and challenging our ideas and have a direct impact on the future roadmap items
What we look for from you:
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- Extra points for:
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB)
- Prior experience in working on an open-source project
- ⌚ Time management - we are a remote team and there is no "clock" for when you must start or finish work, but we do expect a reasonable overlap with the rest of the team.
- 💯 Independent & Proactive - We look for autonomous people. You need to be comfortable at making decisions, prototyping and delivering without somebody standing over your shoulder. You finished what you had on your list - great, suggest what you want to do next and start working on it.
- 💬 Communicator - Most of our communication is via Slack, GitHub, and Notion. Communicate often, but try to make it concise and to the point. Never keep your team in the dark on what you are doing and ask if you need help.
- 🤔 Have an opinion and an open mind - A lot of stuff we do starts with an idea and then it goes through several iterations. We don't always get it right the first time, so don't be afraid to suggest different approaches and new ways of solving a problem. Be ready to ask and receive feedback on your ideas.
- 👩🏿💻Focus on dev experience - All the work you do, and all the code you write will be open-sourced and other developers will use it and will build on top of it. You need to be aware of your code and how it will affect others using it. Be mindful, but don't over-optimize and lose too much time. Make sure to know the right balance.
This role is best suited for anyone who understands the importance of developer experience, great documentation, and the community impact.
If you have the right drive and attitude and want to build your career in this space, but don't necessarily tick all the boxes above, don't worry, we would still love to talk to you, so please apply.