This role is a full-time, permanent role with competitive remuneration.
We're accepting applications from remote workers based in Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia or Philippines.
We are the fastest-growing car-sharing network in Australia, 5th largest globally (and the best), on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we’ve grown our community to more than 4,000 owners who share their cars with over 150,000 members. 75% of bookings taken are repeat bookings by individual members.
- 2014- Green Lifestyle Awards, winner - transport company
- 2017 - Westpac Businesses of Tomorrow, top 200 winner
- 2018 - SmartCompany Smart 50, 5th place
- 2018 - Service Innovation Awards, Finalist
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast50
About the role
The role would suit someone who wants to play a key part in the development team, working on exciting projects in one of Australia's most promising startups. You will help drive the technology direction of the company, supported by our well-rounded team as we embark on a fast-paced programme of development to help the business expand throughout Australia and beyond.
This is a full-time role with an immediate start. Our offshore remote working policy is we expect a minimum of 4 hours cross over during 8 am - 6 pm AEST. We offer a highly flexible work environment with a large team of remote engineers. Familiarity managing disparate teams using collaboration tools hugely advantageous.
As a core part of the team, you’ll be:
- Working as a member of one of our small cross-functional teams
- Taking our native mobile apps to the next level in terms of UX, UI and features.
- Examples include a better camera and mapping integrations, along with adding Bluetooth capabilities;
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the web platform through AB testing, performance and conversion and SEO optimisation; and
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices.
Experience & skills
- 2+ years of experience with modern version of Angular (we use version8 currently)
- Strong experience with app development using Ionic (We use version 4 currently)
- Experience using test frameworks - e.g. Jasmine, Mocha, Jest, Protractor, etc.
- A focus on detail pushing wireframes and mockups through to production
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- An understanding of what we’re doing (and why) and a passion to get involved
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A Computer Science, Design or equivalent degree
- An interest in visual design
- Experience with user testing and A/B testing
Our current tech stack
Experience with these technologies or interest in building expertise will be useful:
- Web: Rails 6, StimulusJS, Tailwind CSS
- Hybrid Apps: Angular 8/Ionic 4
- DB: PostgreSQL
- Cloud Hosting: AWS
- CI: Buildkite
- Productivity Tools: Asana, GitHub, Slack, Zoom
- Key Platforms: Looker (Analytics), Segment (CDP), Braze (CRM), Zendesk (Customer Service)