Lead Test Engineer (Typescript / Cypress)
Who we are
Spins Software is a small team of ecommerce experts specializing in systems integrations for well known direct to consumer brands. We are a remote-only company of 8 people working for a large fashion brand. We are located in Brooklyn, San Francisco, and the UK.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Automation Engineer to join our remote development team. As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the QA testing of an ongoing ecommerce replatforming and middleware integration project. We have been in development for over two years and are approaching a go live date at the end of 2022.
• Design a test strategy
• Build and maintain our automated testing infrastructure, with help from product engineers
• Lead the effort expanding our test suite, with help from product engineers
• Help with load testing and capacity planning
• Organize manual testing efforts where we don't yet have existing test coverage
• Help triage and prioritize new bugs and issues in Jira
• Cypress Experience
• AWS Serverless Experience
• 3+ years experience testing complex web applications, preferably ecommerce systems
• Experience with different types of manual testing
• Experience with performance and load testing
• Experience in the creation of test documentation
• We are currently interviewing for a start date of March 1, 2022.
In your first few weeks:
• Get to know the full stack and identify areas with low test coverage or cumbersome workflows
• Become familiar with examples of flows that our clients run in production, to build realistic and impactful tests.
• Add any missing tooling to increase developer productivity.
In your first few months:
• Reduce the number of defects in shipped code by increasing test coverage: both independently and by collaborating with the rest of the engineering team.
• Build process and workflow to ensure an ongoing high level of quality.
In months 3 to 6:
• Help run our global integrated systems testing that will take place along with other cross functional teams.
• After 6 months, we will review your performance with the option for an additional 6 month contract.
What we're offering:
• 6 month contract position (30 - 40 hours per week)
• Competitive pay based on experience
• Open to flexible working schedule so you can set your own hours
• Autonomy to work from anywhere
How to apply:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your linkedin / resume, github, or any relevant work experience.
a year ago
a year ago