Impala is expanding it's engineering team to help us scale the platform that will power innovation in hospitality globally. You'll be joining a venture funded startup that is changing the way the hospitality industry works.
You'll be working directly on building new functionality into the product as well as working on existing features.
An engineer at Impala:
- Takes ownership of features.
- Wants to create great APIs for other developers to work with.
- Spends time working on tooling to fix our common problems. In the past this has involved building chrome extensions and open source libraries.
- Has a direct input in the formulation of functionality.
- Cares enormously about developing professionally.
We are accepting fully remote applicants within Western Europe. An office stipend is provided to all employees and frequent travel to team meetings is paid.
All full-time employees will take equity stakes in the company.
Skills & Requirements
We're looking for engineers who are genuinely interested in using the latest web technologies when they're available. We're also looking for people who can build things well and also like to ship.
You won't be asked about linked lists or binary search trees in your interview but you will be asked about ES6 and APIs that you've worked with.
The recruitment process:
- Make an application with us. Successful candidates will be contacted very quickly.
- Complete a 20 minutes initial interview with one of the team.
- Complete an 30 - 90 minute technical interview/pair programming session with our Lead Engineer.
- Have a final conversation with our co-founders.
The process is extremely quick but we're highly selective.
What we need to see:
- Experience in Node
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres preferable)
- An interest in taking ownership of functionality
- Excellent, clear written & spoken English
What we'd love to see:
- Experience in hospitality or working with PMS/CRS systems.
- Experience with API design and development
Please note that we heavily favour candidates with a notice period of one month or less and those that include a cover letter.
For more information on Impala, check out our articles covering:
What the hell is Impala anyway?
All about our culture