Headquarters: Vancouver, BC
Are you an experienced Front End Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about designing user experiences with consideration for performance and accessibility standards? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you’ll work closely with our product managers, designers, and other engineers to improve our existing product and explore alternatives for new features. You must be an expert at soliciting, receiving and synthesizing feedback. We have a highly engaged company that cares deeply about our customers—they will have a valid voice of reason in what you do.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver high-quality, consistent code based on user stories and prototypes
- Spec and plan out new features with our Product Managers, Designers, and Lead Software Engineers
- Triage and fix bugs in our existing codebase
- Code review the code of your fellow engineers
- Work in migrations of existing code to React
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues and provide mentorship for others
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a front-end development role
- Have at least 1+ year of experience working remotely for a SaaS/tech company
- Demonstrate a strong technical and practical understanding of web technologies in general
- Be proficient with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less and build tools such as Webpack
- Showcase the ability to implement pixel-perfect designs while maintaining stylistic consistency
- Have experience writing tests using testing frameworks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills—you’re equally as comfortable speaking to marketing about your work as you are writing post-mortems after the completion of a project or feature launch
You might be the person we’re looking for if you:
- Believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration rather than independently
- Read our How we build at Thinkific blog and are excited about how we work, Blue Sky Week and the challenges we are solving for our customers
- Are driven to continually improve by investing time in learning about new technologies or working on your own projects
- Feel more than simply "organized, with attention to detail”. You’ll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy—no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you’ve got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do—quality over quantity is the name of the game.
Bonus points if you:
- Have exposure to or are comfortable using Ember.js, Angular and/or Vue.js
- Previously worked building component libraries/design systems
- Have worked with GraphQL, Ruby on Rails and/or Go
- Care about accessibility and believe it’s a first-class concern
- Have worked with PWA
- Worked on open-source projects or spoken at conferences in the past
We’re about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses.
Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Together, we’ve served over 40,000 course creators and more than 10 million students, and these numbers are growing each day!
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating on a best-in-class learning platform
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals and every day, we get to see how Thinkific is empowering both course creators and their students
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- We are lucky to have team members working remotely with us for over a year, so you’ll walk into an established system where you’re supported to be productive and successful
- We make sure you always feel included and have opportunities to build meaningful relationships with your team, whether that’s trips to Vancouver to solidify those connections, meet and greet with new team members by video, taking a remote-first approach to meetings or ensuring you have lunch provided for our team-wide events!
- Contribute to Thinkific’s award-winning culture—we’re one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and a certified Great Place to Work!
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family
- Get additional health and wellness support through a lifestyle or health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most
- Enjoy our open vacation policy and flexible work environment, because we know the importance of having a great work-life balance
- Learn and Grow is one of our values and we take it seriously, providing opportunities through lunch and learns, training, workshops, mentorship, and our $1500 education allowance
- Grow your career AND your family at Thinkific—you’ll be taken care of with our parental leave top-ups as you add to your family
- Work with the hardware you’re most comfortable with, and upgrade or replace your system when you need to with our technology bonus
- Help you get the equipment you need to set-up a home office where you can do your best work
- Be confident bringing your whole self to work—we’re proud to be an inclusive company with a diverse team and values grounded in ethics and equality
- Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish and we welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can’t wait to meet you!
To apply: https://www.thinkific.com/careers/job-post/?gh_jid=4659583002&gh_src=8a3597f72