Working closely with our technical director and with the support of our cross-functional team, you will help to lead the front-end development of our clients’ projects and play a crucial role in providing strategy and insight. From building bespoke SPAs and living pattern libraries for our clients in the security and intelligence sector to building more traditional content websites for government departments, you’ll help improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way these organisations operate.
Day-to-day you’ll work on new and existing projects and be involved in our discovery, strategic planning, and development processes. Our projects are very diverse and will provide the opportunity to learn a wide variety of emerging technologies, engaging with both software and on occasion, its hardware counterpart. As we move towards the second half of the year you will have the opportunity to mentor new team members as we continue to expand the business.
Our stack varies per project. As a team we’re currently using: React, Vue, Webpack, Babel, Yarn, Twig, Craft, WordPress, Git, Sass, BEM, AWS, Docker, Laravel, Symfony and Go.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in small cross-functional teams and who shares similar principles when it comes to collaborating and supporting one another. Ideally, you’ll have experience working in an agency or product development role with modern industry-standard languages and practices.
Your previous experience will have given you the confidence to voice your opinion on subjects such as UX design, development processes, and choosing the right tools for the tasks ahead. It’s okay if you don’t have experience working in an agile environment, or participating in discovery workshops – with ten years behind us we can teach you everything you’ll need to know.
Perhaps your entrepreneurial spirit has even led you to build a few web apps of your own, if so then you’ll fit right in at one of our bi-annual JAMS hackathons.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience writing clean HTML and CSS (with and without frameworks)
- Experience with JS frameworks/libraries such as React or Vue.js
- Experience creating UI pattern libraries/design systems
- Experience working with RESTful and GraphQL based APIs
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress/Craft)
- Excellent attention to detail
It would be great if you have:
- Experience designing well-structured frontend applications
- An understanding of different CSS methodologies
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- An understanding of templating languages (Twig/Blade)
It would be absolutely ideal if you have:
- A basic understanding of containerisation (Docker)
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous development
- Experience with issue/project tracking software (such as Jira)
Working with us
We’ve been working as a remote-first team for over two years, with small offices in London and Barcelona. The majority of our work is conducted online using the latest tools such as Figma, Miro, Slack, Google workspace, etc. As a member of the team, you may be required to meet in person with the wider company for a minimum of one day per month at one of our offices.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/browser-senior-front-end-developer