Crunch.io, part of the YouGov PLC is hiring an Advanced React API Developer to help develop our platform. We are inviting you to join our small, fully remote team of developers and operators helping make our platform faster, more secure, and more reliable. You would help us deliver new features, explore different ways of problem solving, and discover, explain, and defend your choices in implementation.
Crunch.io is a market-defining company in the analytics SaaS marketplace. We’re a company on the rise. We’ve built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to drive insight from market research and survey data. We offer a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis. Quite simply, Crunch provides the quickest and easiest way for anyone, from CMO to PhD, with zero training, to analyze survey data. Users create tables, charts, graphs and maps. They filter, and slice-and-dice survey data directly in their browser.
On the front-end team, we feel strongly about developing solutions that are both technically and aesthetically sound. We invite you to bring your experience and perspective to conversations about the future growth of our applications and environment. We work closely together, with a healthy and non-combative review process aimed at improving code as well as developing each other’s skills. In short, we strive to write solid, thoroughly tested, and readable code; and we are seeking a new member of our already highly-effective team.
What you'll do:
- Work on new features with other front-end team members.
- Triage, unravel, test, and resolve bugs and issues.
- Update existing code in parallel with backend changes to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Review your colleagues’ work on pull requests.
- Propose, discuss, and debate technology improvements, code organization, design patterns, and conventions employed in the front-end development environment.
- Use your extensive experience to train and mentor other developers on the front-end team.
Front-end developers on our platform are first-class team members. Although your focus is primarily on TypeScript, you will gain familiarity with the entire system. Some of the technologies that enable us to achieve our well-designed, efficient, and performant applications are:
- TypeScript (latest specification)
- Webpack + Babel (ES6 modules)
- React + Redux
- Styled Components
- Unit testing with Jest (we have over 5500 unit tests across our app)
- Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment
If you have experience or interest in these additional areas, you may have the opportunity to work with them as part of your role:
- End-to-end testing using cypress
- Responsive design / mobile / touch interfaces
- Advanced to expert-level React skills with demonstrated experience.
- A firm command of TypeScript.
- Commitment to high development standards, including comprehensive testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with team of peers, understanding and respecting the responsibilities and expertise that developers, designers, QA staff, and others bring to the project.
- Ability to provide reasonable estimates on work, meet deadlines, and take ownership and responsibility.
- Well-developed principles of self-motivation and time management.
- An appetite for continual improvement and growth.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Programming, Computer Science, or Engineering-related field.
- Current or former contributor to a significant open-source React library.
More about Crunch:
Our start-up culture is casual, respectful of each other’s varied backgrounds and lives, and high-energy because of our shared dedication to our product and our mission. We are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, and fantastic customer service! Crunch has no offices and fully embraces a 100% remote culture. We have 40 employees spread across 5 continents. Remote work at Crunch is flexible and largely independent, yet highly cooperative.