Remote Sr OTT App Developer
Lead engineer for OTT/Connected Devices applications (AppleTV, FireTV, Roku, Xbox)
- Experience building apps on living room streaming-media devices like the Roku, Fire TV, Xbox, PlayStation etc.
- Experience with Roku BrightScript a plus
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Collaborate with other developers to deliver a modern OTT client to Roku, Xbox, Fire TV, PlayStation, and other streaming-media devices.
- Strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Work samples demonstrating experience in building great user interfaces
- Independence and an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Experience in building SVOD products a big plus - streaming technology, video players, video encoding and integrating platforms such as Brightcove, Kaltura, AWS Elastic Transcoding, Mux, Fastly, Panthera, etc.
- Experience in building SaaS and digital subscription payment solutions such as Stripe and Recurly
- Working knowledge of third party analytics libraries like Google Analytics, MixPanel, Conviva and Mux
- Experience with CI/CD and Cloud DevOps tools such as Travis, CircleCI and GitLab, CodeDeploy, Serverless, Terraform and VS App Center
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- Design and implement new features with our Product Team
- Participate in the deployment of various cloud-based technologies needed to implement projects
- Mentor junior developers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
BA/BS in Computer Science or Art Design or equivalent professional experience.
8+ years of overall experience in software engineering
5+ years’ experience developing high traffic consumer-facing applications/platforms.
12 Factor application principles
About Us Surge is an onshore provider of custom web, cloud, mobile, digital, and desktop software development and consulting services to clients in every industry, from hot startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2007, and listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies for five straight years, Surge has successfully delivered hundreds of software products, apps, and solutions to its clients using a proven agile/scrum development process combined with an elite group of North American software professionals.
Simply put, Surge offers America’s best software engineers, on-demand, at rates 30-50% less than the competition.