Headquarters: Craigavon, Northern Ireland
We’re seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team in building complex custom solutions for our varied range of clients. Working within a full end-to-end team, we guarantee you the opportunity to develop your career and work on projects that are diverse, enjoyable and rewarding.
Read on to learn more about the role responsibilities...
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer
At GCD, we have four key principles of responsibility:
- WORK PRODUCTIVELY
- WORK SKILLFULLY
- WORK COLLABORATIVELY
- WORK PROFESSIONALLY
In each of these pillars you’ll find key areas of responsibility, leadership and commercial awareness which we expect of our Senior Software Engineers, some of these include:
- Build high performance, secure applications with the very best of user experiences in mind.
Learn the commercial context of your role, be confident with estimation and work to maximise the features we can deliver.
Respect your teammates by ensuring you test your own work to a high standard; create unit and automated tests wherever possible and develop a methodical approach to testing your own user interfaces.
- Be ready to share the load and help those who need it.
- Mentor junior staff and work with peers to foster our culture; challenging and encouraging for the benefit of all.
Love learning, be curious and always be growing your skills and experience.
- Develop a depth of understanding in computer science, programming theory and software security.
- Write good documentation & record time sheets diligently.
If all that sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then there are just a few more essential criteria you need:
- Ability to undertake the responsibilities of being a Senior Software Engineer at GCD.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the software industry.
- Experience of working within an agile environment.
- Excellent academic qualifications and communication skills, written and verbal.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/gcd-technologies-senior-software-engineer