Prometheum is building the first compliant ecosystem for blockchain securities. Blockchain securities are born on our network when a company raises capital on Prometheum’s issuance platform by offering their own Smart Security Tokens (SST). Those SSTs can then be freely traded on our system, where the Prometheum Blockchain tracks transactions for secure clearing and settlement within 24 hours.
This position will join the Issuer Platform team in building tools for investors, Broker Dealers, blockchain validators and other network participants. We are a remote-first team with contributors spread out in the US. This opportunity is for someone with experience working from home and effectively collaborating via modern group messaging and and video conferencing tools.
We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who is motivated to incorporate application design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of design mockups to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application, app performance optimization and code quality, among other duties.
You will work with the product designer to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will also work closely with back-end engineers to iron out implementation details for seamless integration with our services.
- Develop new features and eliminate bugs to enhance the user experience
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Write concise user stories for front-end related tasks
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of design mockups
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Utilizing our tech stack and tooling to build new features
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of key design principles, and responsive and adaptive design
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including DOM, HTML, JSX, and CSS (in-JS too)
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS and SCSS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of React, Typescript, Next.js, and GraphQL
- Good understanding of testing tools like Jest and Enzyme
- Good understanding of drawing and rendering tools (e.g. with SVG, Canvas) for charts and visualizations like D3.js
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools (e.g. crop, resize, size crush)
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, specifically including Git
- Basic understanding of React Higher Order Components and Hooks and where they can be used.
- Degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design or equivalent work experience
- Excellent problem solving skills, enjoys a good puzzle!
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bonus for knowledge of tools like Material-UI, Formik, Yup validation, Babel, Webpack