Engineering Productivity Engineers are full-stack engineers primarily tasked with improving the productivity of the GitLab developers (from both GitLab Inc and the rest of the community), and making the GitLab project maintainable in the long-term. This is a key position with a new and growing team, so your efforts will have a noticeable impact to both the company and product. In addition to the requirements below, successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for high quality software, strong engineering principles and methodical problem solving skills.
- Experience developing in Ruby (this is a strict requirement).
- Experience in with test automation frameworks for both front-end and back-end testing.
- Experience in designing and developing tools and solutions used across teams.
- Development experience in object-oriented programming languages and patterns.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with a front-end charting/visualization library.
- Experience using test automation tools. (Selenium, Capybara, Watir).
- Experience using Continuous Integration systems (e.g., GitLab CI, Jenkins, Travis).
- Experience using Docker and containerized architectures (e.g. Kubernetes).
See the description of the Quality team for more details. The position also involves working with the community as merge request coach, and working together with our Backend Engineers to respond and address issues from the community.