We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming to join the IOHK Agency Technical design team. This role is part of the IOHK Agency, the internal collective name for the teams involved in producing public-facing content, consisting of Marketing, Content, Design, Design Development, Communications and Media.
Wherever you decide to work, you will be supported by and be part of IOHKs remote work culture that emphasizes online communication via Trello, Slack, GitHub, Hangouts.
- Build reusable, well commented code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members from all over the world
Skills & Requirements:
- Working with JS libraries such as React
- Modern JS (ES6) ecosystem knowledge such as NPM, NodeJS, JamStack
- Static site knowledge, with Gatsby & Netlify CMS especially
- Building mobile first in a responsive way
- Expert skills in HTML / CSS / LESS / SASS
- GitHub / Github Pages / BitBucket
- Great communication skills
- A level head in pressured situations
- A keenness to learn and share your knowledge with the team
- A friendly person with team spirit!
It’s great if you have experience in any of the following too:
- Server-side languages, e.g. Ruby/PHP/Python
- Writing your own tests; Selenium / Mocha / Unit tests
- Comfortable within MVC / MVVM patterns
- Using Jira, basecamp, trello or a similar work tracking system
We expect to see:
- Experience of working with UX/Design teams as well as good understanding of design principles. Independent design skills and thinking would be beneficial.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser and cross-device compatibility issues and how to build responsive interface
- Good understanding of SEO principles
- Basic knowledge of image and design editing tools e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Zeplin etc
- Unafraid of working to deadlines and handling change
- Completion of a relevant degree such as Computer Science or Software Engineering
When you apply… Please include an up-to-date resume. We also strongly encourage you to include a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in working at IOHK along with links to your portfolio.