As the Senior Engineering Manager
, you are responsible for managing our distributed developer teams and overseeing internal processes such as performance reviews and development tooling. This role will play an essential role in supporting product development and improving the well-being of the developer teams who are building the next era of our products. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to shape the structure and create the team needed for fulfilling your responsibilities.Our Stack
React, GraphQL, Rethinkdb, SQL, Express, Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, Jest, Storybook, Git, Heroku, Docker, and Stripe.Responsibilities:
- Manage up to 11 development team leads.
- Generate and implement process improvements, especially cross-team collaboration processes.
- Hold regular 121’s with team leads and skip-level 121’s with all members of their team.
- Create, document, and oversee career paths for members of the development team.
- Come up with innovative ways to ensure team cohesion via activities, discussions, or any other engagement strategies.
- Technical: Past experience as a front-end or back-end engineer and leading product development teams.
- Management/ leadership: Past experience (2 to 3 years) as a senior engineering manager or head of development.
- Ability to understand, communicate and improve the quality of multiple teams across different time zones.
- Ability to successfully manage global development teams in a remote environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience with web hosting, server infrastructure, or server management.
- Web product development.
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access.
- We offer a flexible and relaxed working environment where everyone can work in peace.
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible Paid Time Off.
- Our positions offer a great deal of opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
- Everyone has a voice in the development process.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamically growing international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact.
- We have an amazing design (UI and UX) team so development receives fully researched and designed tasks.