Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold
Providing a great web user experience is crucial to us, and we’re always looking for talented front-end web developers to help us reach the next level.
By joining our team, you’ll get the opportunity to work on many of our projects with a team of highly skilled front-end experts from around the world. At Toptal, we push the boundaries of web interfaces every single day, and we’d love for you to help us take this even further. The bulk of the work we do is pure front-end development, but some back-end skills will help you.
We don’t cut corners, and we don’t make compromises—we create beautifully designed web apps that are polished, fast, well-tested, and a joy to use.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
- Translate designs into code.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable front-end code.
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Identify UI problems and bugs and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Onboard and mentor new team members.
- You must have 3+ years of front-end web development experience—preference given to candidates who have experience with large applications of some scale.
- You must have experience with responsive designs.
- You must have a solid grasp of development and testing methodologies, object-oriented programming, and automated software testing.
- You must have experience developing within a web framework—Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- Be excited about deploying to production multiple times a day and collaborating daily with your team and other groups while working via a distributed model.
- Be comfortable with iterative and incremental development.
- Be willing to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.