At Pearson Online & Blended Learning we deliver the world's premier learning experience for online K-12 public schools. Join a vibrant and exceptional team who put the individual needs of our students first and broaden the horizon of what an education can be. Our Connections Academy schools are thriving because we orchestrate an integrated suite that is deployed and managed a single, flexible ecosystem. Our platform is the school - end to end.
The Director of DevOps will be a key organizational leader, responsible for the consistent deployment and configuration of systems as they are promoted through environments as part of the development and deployment life cycle. The person in this position works across teams to establish and test the practices that will be used for the rollout of the diverse platform components as a coherent whole.
Responsibilities include but:
- Define and test the processes that will be used for the controlled deployment of software and configurations to non-production and production environments to support continuous delivery
- Work with all development and configuration teams to define for each release of code, the dependencies, order and time needed for consistent deployments
- Work with SRE/DevOps teams to design, develop and implement solutions to support Release and Deployment Management processes
- Establish repeatable deployment engagement patterns across multiple departments
- Schedule and communicate environment availability using demand management and information radiators
- Conduct software deployments
- Demonstrate excellent trouble-shooting skills and resolve deployment and environmental issues to closure
- Work with stakeholders to develop documentation for release management policies, procedures and processes
- Working with stakeholders to define the process to add and remove tool users from the system
- Azure DevOps technical administration
- Working with stakeholders to define maintenance windows as needed and risks.
- Support continuous improvements to existing infrastructure, tools and processes.
- Build and maintain relationships providing excellent customer service
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position is a remote opportunity
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, MIS, or other related discipline required
- Minimum of 5 years prior relevant software development or large systems integration required
- A strong understanding of the SDLC, CI/CD and the Agile software development methodology required
- Exceptional relational skills and experience working through influence to broker engagement, development and adoption of new deployment patterns
- Attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal skills required
- Experience with deployment automation, dark launches, feature toggle, blue-green deployment
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, AWS, and Azure required.
- Experience with Azure DevOps required
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and associated rollback automation
- Scripting skills required
- Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes) experience nice to have
- Deployment experience in large scale enterprise environments
- Experience troubleshooting deployments/root cause analysis
- Experience defining process and standards desired
- Ability to learn new technologies, frameworks, and architectures
- Facilitate meetings to provide project status or gather requirements
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Customer service and customer relationship-building skills
- Experience in planning and maintenance of Disaster Recovery and BC processes
- Familiarity with HA architectures