Job Description Summary
Looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with a focus on AWS and newer implementations of JAVA-Spring boot and Spring Cloud. This is a REMOTE position, allowing you to work from the comfort of your own home from anywhere in the US.
This position services as an expert technical and industry resource to management, clients and development staff in new uses of information technology in all phases of major system and subsystem development. Provides consultation on internal and industry IT technical and business domain process capabilities including leadership in the identification and recommendation of new IT opportunities and business operations as it relates to application development. Formulates, contributes to, and directs task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for research, prototype, and proof-of-concept IT activities. Directs and participates in all aspects of development tasks including data management, application architecture and business architecture. Provides guidance to staff on complex assignments and mentors on new technologies
remote / telecommute / work from home opportunity
- Develops guidelines for other software engineers that helps them build and implement code that is scalable, stable and secure.
- Acts as a hands-on software engineer who can write quality code, assists with problem solving, root cause analysis, trouble shooting and coaching.
- Understands big picture from a business standpoint within the context of the application.
- Writes technical blogs and be active in Open Source Community.
Agile, DevOPS and Cloud:
- Applies Design Thinking techniques on application design.
- Leads agile software development efforts as a Technical Leader.
- Coaches other software engineers on practices such as TDD, ATDD and pair programming.
- Understands advanced concepts of Containers, Micro-Services, Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration, and guide the team to setup a DevOps environment for the applications they build and support.
- Designs and develops highly scalable applications in AWS cloud using tools like Cloud Formation Templates, EC2, SWF, ELB, Lambda, S3, RDS/Dynamo DB and others.
- Reviews and takes actions based on application metrics, including but not limited to code quality, business metrics and performance metrics.
- Creates load and performance testing strategy and perform advanced performance tuning.
General Job Information Title
Sr. Software Engineer - JAVAGrade
Info Technology GroupCountry
United States of AmericaFLSA Status
United States of America (Exempt)Recruiting Start Date
1/8/2020Date Requisition Created
Bachelors: Computer and Information ScienceLicense and Certifications - RequiredLicense and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements Responsibilities
- Courses in Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. Every employee must understand, comply and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position. - provided by Dice