Who We Are
Thinkful is a new type of school that brings high-growth tech careers to ambitious people everywhere. We provide 1-on-1 learning through our network of industry experts, hiring partners, and online platform to deliver a structured and flexible education. Thinkful offers programs in web development, data science, and design, with in-person communities in up-and-coming tech hubs around the U.S. To join the Thinkful network visit thinkful.com.
Thinkful wants to improve upon its flagship product line: Engineering Immersion, Engineering Nights and Weekends, and Engineering Flex. As part of this effort, we're looking for a software engineering subject matter expert to join us in executing on our content roadmap for this exciting new program. You will be improving on a proven program that propels people into a new, impactful career in software engineering. Together with instructional designers, product managers, and Thinkful educators, you'll help define the educational scope and sequence, produce written and video lessons, create coding challenges, and be the expert who guides other experts in shipping product improvements.
- Lead the technical analysis of the Engineering Curriculum scope and sequence
- Create a prioritized plan for curriculum improvement
- Design a scaffolded progression of coding challenges to reach existing milestones
- Guide the work of contributing team members implementing the prioritized plan
- Consistently deliver content that meets spec and is on time to support our program launch roadmap.
- Iterates on deliverables based on user feedback
- 3+ years of hands-on Web Development / Software Engineering industry experience
- 1+ years experience in a bootcamp or other intro to programming course
- Collaborative.You enjoy partnering with people and have excellent project management skills and follow through
- Excellent writing skills. You've got a gift for writing about complicated concepts in a beginner-friendly way. You can produce high-quality prose as well as high-quality presentations.
Compensation and Benefit
- Contract position with a collaborative team
- Ability to work remotely with flexible hours
- Access to all available course curriculum for personal use
- Membership to a global community of over 500 Software Engineers, Developers, and Data Scientists who, like you, want to keep their skills sharp and help learners break into the industry
- Please include a link to your published educational work or upload a file of representative work in your application
- Please include a short cover letter explaining your interest in the role
- At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: CA, WA, NJ, MA, OR.