New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: an approach that leads organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
You will work with our clients and other New Context team members while working from the New Context office, at client sites, or from your home. We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email.
At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Who You Are:
Bonus points if you are:
- A seasoned developer with 5+ years experience building consumer-focused web applications
- Strong knowledge of React framework
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Familiar with Open Source web technologies, especially Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, and/or the HashiCorp suite;
- Experience writing automated tests, with an appreciation of Test Driven Development
- An excellent communicator, experienced working with external clients and customers and able to communicate productively with customers to explain technical aspects and project status;
- Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
- A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker.
We are committed to equal-employment principles, and we recognize the value of committed employees who feel they are being treated in an equitable and professional manner. We are passionate about finding ways to attract, develop and retain the talent and unique viewpoints needed to meet business objectives, and to recruit and employ highly qualified individuals representing the diverse communities in which we live, because we believe that this diversity results in conversations which stimulate new and innovative ideas.Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Experienced with GCP administration;
- Happy and effective in a consulting role;
- Experienced working with external clients and customers
- Able to translate complex concepts to business customers