*This position can be remote, but US based candidates only.
Dealer Inspire, a CARS Inc. company, is hiring for our Conversations Team!
Conversations is Dealer Inpire's messaging platform that connects today’s car shoppers with dealerships wherever, whenever, and however they want to shop. Fast, mobile, and fully integrated with text messaging and Facebook Messenger™ Conversations uses A.I. technology and managed chat support to instantly respond to all incoming chats 24/7.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Development of new features, including adding functionality to our AI chat bot, Ana.
- Writing high quality, clean code that is paired with automated unit and integration tests.
- Taking new features through the entire development lifecycle, working in conjunction with our product owner to define the feature, develop it, and test it.
- Refactoring non-ideal portions of both our Node API and our React apps.
- Mentoring developers in your area of expertise.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience working with NodeJS; including the Express framework.
- 2+ years of professional experience with front-end technologies; including React, Redux, Webpack.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with SQL databases; the ability to write efficient queries and benchmark/profile them.
- Strong understanding of asynchronous programming.
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking.
- Experience with testing frameworks, such as karma, mocha, or jest.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Understanding of CI/CD.
- Strong attention to design detail (UI/UX).
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience working remotely & as part of a distributed engineering team.
- AWS Cloud Architecture
- Understanding of NLP and Machine Learning • Mobile-first, responsive web design
- Some experience with PHP
About Dealer Inspire:
Dealer Inspire (DI) is a leading disruptor in the automotive industry through our innovative culture, legendary service, and kick-ass website, technology, and marketing solutions. Our mission is to future-proof local dealerships by building the essential, mobile-first platform that makes automotive retail faster, easier, and smarter for both shoppers and dealers. Headquartered in Naperville, IL, our team of nearly 600 work friends are spread across the United States and Canada, pushing the boundaries and getting **** done every day, together.
DI offers an inclusive environment that celebrates collaboration and thinking differently to solve the challenges our clients face. Our shared success continues to lead to rapid growth and positive change, which opens up opportunities to advance your career to the next level by working with passionate, creative people across skill sets. If you want to be challenged, learn every day, and work as a team with some of the best in the industry, we want to meet you. Apply today.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check us out here!
- Health Insurance with BCBS, Delta Dental (Orthodontics coverage available), and Eye Med Vision
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 13 days paid time off, parental leave, and selected paid holidays
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized internet access for your home
- Peer-to-Peer Bonus program
*Not a complete, detailed list. Benefits have terms and requirements before employees are eligible.