Headquarters: New York, USA
) is a literary resource with over 1400 guides to books, poems, literary terms, a complete set of Shakespeare translations, and more. Millions of students, teachers, and general interest readers use the LitCharts website and mobile apps every month.
One of the key distinguishing features of LitCharts is our emphasis on clean minimalist UX and design and innovative methods for explaining literature. We’re looking for a design-savvy front-end developer to lead the technical aspects of this crucial part of our work.
Overall Responsibilities of this Position
- Building and maintaining our front-end.
- Refining and improving our UI/UX on desktop, tablet, and mobile with a focus on responsiveness, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility..
- Working closely with tech, design, and product teams to create, implement, and update features and designs.
- Translating designs and wireframes into well-crafted code.
Experience and Expertise We’re Looking For
- Experience with Git, Webpack, Babel, and front-end frameworks (especially Bootstrap).
- Experience implementing designs with a focus on cross-browser compatibility, responsiveness, and accessibility.
- Ability to work remotely and take ownership of projects with minimal oversight.
- A desire to continuously improve our stack and develop your own skillset.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to ask questions and receive feedback.
- An eye for details in implementing designs
- Proficiency with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with React Native.
- Design experience (familiarity with making wireframes, Sketch, Photoshop etc).
- Heroku experience (familiarity with building and deploying apps on Heroku).
- Experience working on websites with a subscription-based business model (designing and building sign up flows, check out forms, and so on).
- Passion for education or education technology.
- Passion for literature.
We’re a small remote team, and the code you write will have a direct impact on our success and will reach millions of users. We work flexible hours but typically stick to 9am-5pm EST and are looking for someone able to do the same. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
How to Apply
- Your latest resume
- Your Github profile
- Samples of your code/work
- A list of a few of your favorite websites and/or mobile apps
- A brief explanation about why this position appeals to you
Please note: due to time constraints, we are unable to respond to inquiries from recruiters and applicants not legally authorized to work full-time in the United States. Thank you for your interest!
To apply: email@example.com