Headquarters: London, UK
Alacrity is a well funded early-stage startup founded by seasoned legal, finance and procurement professionals. Our mission is to create technologies which enhance the relationship between corporates and law firms to improve service delivery, reduce costs and manage relationships more efficiently. The legal industry is changing rapidly and we’re excited to help.
This is a remote-first opportunity for people residing within 3 hours of GMT.
Alacrity is looking to hire a senior, self-motivated engineer to join our team of 5 engineers. Although you will be surrounded by great engineers, you must be able to work independently and take initiative. We're looking for strong architectural and service-design skills as well as full appreciation of code quality standards.
- You love getting things done and deployed to the users.
- You are hungry to learn new skills and constantly strive to improve.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and documentation.
- You care deeply about your work, your team and the users.
- You want to work at a startup with a reasonable and sane working environment.
- Minimum 2 years of Node.js backend development.
- GraphQL experience (we use Apollo).
- Experience with devops (we run on Docker in AWS).
The Recruitment Process
- Send us your application.
- Have a 20-minute initial call. This interview is non-technical in nature.
- Solve a small offline exercise at your convenience.
- Have a technical interview with Alacrity’s engineers discussing your exercise and other technical aspects related to your job.
- Have an interview with our CTO and chat about your ambitions and motivations.
- Have a final chat with our CEO.
- Clear and well specced tasks so there is no ambiguity.
- Very light on meetings other than daily standup and weekly planning.
- Work from home, this is a remote opportunity.
- Regular company meetups.
- All the books you can read.
- Yearly budget for conferences, training, subscriptions etc.
- Your own high-spec laptop.
- Genuine product involvement.
- Contributory pension (for UK based employees).
- Option to work from the WeWork Moorgate office (for London based employees).
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply: https://apply.workable.com/alacrity/j/C1AE31050F/