Headquarters: New York
We Make Websites are the go-to agency for Shopify Plus. We design, develop and optimise e-commerce websites for some of the fastest growing brands on the planet. Brands we work with include: Hasbro, Crabtree & Evelyn, This Works, Pepsi Co, Finisterre, Skinnydip, Cluse, Bulletproof Coffee, Penguin Books, Beavertown Brewery, Emma Bridgewater, Harper Collins, National Portrait Gallery, Nicce, Press and The Economist.
We’re a team of 50+ designers, developers, solutions architects, e-comm consultants and marketers - spread across offices in London and New York. We’ve doubled in size every year for the past five years and are looking for more bright, ambitious and enthusiastic people to join our team.
But enough about us - we want to know more about you.
What we're looking for:
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic remote front-end developer to help us build and grow beautiful e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform for forward-thinking brands. We're looking for a detail-oriented person with a passion for developing great user interfaces and experiences - and can help shape, build and test websites with commercial awareness.
About the role:
As a remote developer you will work to solve challenges and build beautiful/intuitive features within a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solution consultants and agile project managers.
You’ll be developing small to enterprise level e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform for a wide range of retail brands, bringing static designs to life using modern front-end tooling and working closely with project managers to deliver best in the industry websites by collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team.
You will also be responsible for scoping, delivering and testing features that strive to improve conversion for clients on our ongoing success retainer services. This will be conveniently balanced alongside new inbound projects.
- You will need a passion for the tech and e-commerce space. E-commerce is one of the fastest growing sectors and we want somebody who gets what it means to be an agency at the forefront of direct to consumer e-commerce design and development.
- You will be a strategic, creative, pragmatic thinker and problem solver.
- You will have unparalleled levels of attention to detail, bordering on fastidious.
- You will be totally OK with the concept of change and working in a fast paced environment.
- You will relish the opportunity to enter a growth stage company and carve out your own niche.
- You will be an intelligent, ambitious, articulate, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- Working knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- Ability to apply best practice modular web development
- Fluency with version control and Git flows
- Fluency in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- Awareness of the most established libraries, their ecosystems and how to choose between them
- Awareness of best web performance practices, developing for accessibility and SEO
- Experience with cross browser and device testing websites
- Experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful experience working as part of a remote team
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with a team of front-end web developers, UI/UX designers to build e-commerce stores on the Shopify platform
- Working closely with the project and account managers to deliver projects on margin
- Collaborating and sharing ideas with the rest of the production team
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with Shopify
- Knowledge of continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with Vue.js
- Experience with Node.js (Express) for micro backend services
- Experience with Invision, Sketch or Figma
How to apply
To help us ensure you have read this entire job description, please include “I am ready to begin!” at the start of your application. Send through your CV, link to your personal website/portfolio, and a cover letter, and we'll get in touch if you might be a fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org