The Songspace Development Team is seeking an experienced, passionate, Ember.JS developer/engineer to build and manage frontend workflows that power Songspace for desktop. This position offers the ideal candidate the opportunity to design, build, and manage mission critical data applications and services in an exciting business domain with substantial self-direction and autonomy.
- Define, design and develop business solutions throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for designing, coding, unit testing, building, deploying and supporting application software.
- Work with analysts and architects to define technical direction to understand business requirements that enable the analysis and design of technical solutions.
- Responsible for application components and data architecture designs, performance monitoring, benchmarking, product evaluation and recommendation.
- Serve as a project leader and technical lead to ensure application design, development schedule, and implementation meet business scope and timelines
Work with the stakeholders to plan and directly implement new features with the existing code and services
Triage bug requests and collaborate with the Client Services Team to maintain the bug backlog
Investigate, troubleshoot, and where possible solve technical data issues, escalating unsolved issues to the appropriate team
Provide feedback on design documents for best case implementations
Improve code coverage of older code
Create and maintain documentation,procedures and best practices suggestions
Provide email & phone technical support where required to team members and clients
Build and maintain relationships with team members and stakeholders
Demonstrate enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools and processes to solve challenges and realize opportunities
A minimum of 5 years of relevant development experience is required
Experience with Ember.JS 3.X is required
Experience creating, implementing, and using REST APIs is required
Experience with QUnit is required
Experience with Agile software development methodologies is required
Experience with GIT is required
Must be experienced and comfortable working independently and with small, distributed teams
Must be proactive in problem solving
Must seek and be open to new ideas and solutions
Must be curious, committed, and invest time to develop and expand knowledge for self and others
Must be proactively communicative and possess strong written communication skills
Experience with *nix CLI and shell scripting is preferred
Experience with Ember Data is a plus
Experience with Ember Model is a plus
Experience with music data and audio files is a plus