Are you a U.S. resident looking for a virtual, work-from-home position with a dynamic group of developers, in a company with a strong culture of collaboration?
We are growing! Join a department of developers, business analysts, QA, and support specialists who support an entrepreneurial company of 100 people with industry-leading web applications in areas of subscription-based continuing education, simulation and training, ecommerce, content management, and more.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We are continued. We are fast-paced, structured, and laugh a lot. We all work from home offices in various locations across the country. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work, our professions and we’re looking for another person to join our cause. We are certified as a great workplace by the independent analysts at Great Place to Work®. Learn more about us at continued.com.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our meetings are filled with sarcasm, laughter, and movie quotes. We share code on GitHub and contribute back to the open source community, whenever able. Though we are virtual, we communicate a lot and have a tight-knit group. We use Slack, Zoom, Jira and Confluence as the backbone of our collaboration. We pair, encourage test driven development, collaborate, and enjoy healthy debate here and are looking for someone who can thrive in that environment. A thirst for knowledge and passion for solving problems is what drives the team.Training and education is a big part of who we are, not only as a company, but also as a mindset. We keep up to date in our field via continuing education, conferences, etc.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking an experienced and engaged FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER who is motivated, creative, and fun to support and extend our existing codebase, and to develop new custom web applications.
- Full-time, standard business hours
- Work from your home office
- Company-provided MacBook Pro, Internet stipend, etc
- Must be located in the United States and be legally eligible to work for us
- Travel is required for an annual company meeting, and may be required once or twice per year for team or project meetings
- Self-management and time management are critical in this role. Without it, you will not be successful
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of our responsive web-based software for our business - continued.com
- Work closely with the Lead Front End Developer, Product Management, Project Management, Design and Back End Developers to modify and improve existing code, and to develop new features and applications
- Participate in and contribute to stand-ups and planning meetings
- Help plot our future for the front-end through standards, technologies, tooling and more
- A desire to learn and grow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience with some of the many modern front-end tools such as Node/npm, Sass/Less, ES2015/ES.Next, React, Vue, webpack/Gulp, linting, testing, etc.
- Experience creating responsive web pages from wireframes or mocks
- Cross browser testing and troubleshooting
- An understanding of website performance and related best practices
- Strong research skills, you regularly visit MDN, GitHub, API docs, and StackOverflow to learn and find answers
- Comfortable on the command line
- Experience with Git
- Front-end experience in a full-stack environment
- Eager to research and learn in a self-directed way (always improving)
- Detail oriented, your code is semantic and well-formatted
- You take ownership of your work and communicate progress proactively
We value attention to detail. Submit a cover letter with your resume that includes 1) why you would make a great addition to our team, 2) a link to your favorite clip on YouTube, and 3) your salary requirements. Submissions without this information will not be considered.