Quickly maturing startup seeking like-minded Senior Technical Writer! PacketFabric has revolutionized how companies procure, deploy, and manage network connectivity with our network-as-a-service platform. The product team is a small, talented, and close knit-group and we need some who has a passion for well written documentation to help provide our customers with a superior experience.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible describing PacketFabric products to new and existing customers through public documentation. As a well-rounded individual, your contributions will be the among the most highly visible in the organization, to our customers and our partners. You should have a healthy appreciation of facing a variety of diverse challenges outside of your comfort level and working under pressure. This position focuses on the creation of material for the PacketFabric knowledgebase in the form of how-to articles, videos, and API documentation. A typical day in the life of a Senior Technical Writer might include:
- Creating a tutorial on deploying services via the PacketFabric portal.
- Working with the product team to create a video demonstrating the use of a new feature.
- Working with the marketing team to ensure that technical content is correct in other customer facing collateral.
- Creating diagrams of network architecture to help our customers better understand PacketFabric network solutions.
- Interacting with customers to get feedback on existing documentation and using that feedback to make changes.
The candidates who will exceed in this role probably have a solid background in software, network engineering or related field, and just happened to naturally gravitate towards writing and explaining technical ideas in easy to understand language.
- A strong technical background in either software engineering or network engineering.
- Tons of experience building documentation online and working with HTML, CSS, Markdown, and Git.
- Experience with tools for creating and editing video.
- Working technical knowledge of many different cloud providers (Amazon, Google, etc.).
- Be passionate about conveying complex technical ideas with perfect written clarity.
- Exceptional written communication skills, that accompanies excellent organizational skills.
- Be highly self-motivated to tackle complex projects with minimal direction.