At Medium, we’re building a platform that gives people a place to share their stories and ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user experience. We built the best editor on the web using the cutting-edge technologies available at the time, and we’re now creating a stack for the future using modern tooling like React, Jest, and GraphQL.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we’re known for.
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a frontend engineer at Medium, you’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible on the web. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of frontend web experience.
- You’re fluent in web development technologies and have a good feel for what is and is not possible.
- You have experience building single page web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We’d particularly love it if
- You have experience with React and GraphQL.
- You have a background in design, or have good product sensibilities.
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
This role is available remotely for U.S. workers.
We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.