At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
About Logstash -
Logstash is an open source streaming ETL (extract-transform-load) tool, capable of collecting data from multiple sources, reshaping, enriching and pushing it to multiple destinations. Logstash is structured around a set of more than 200 plugins and a core platform that wires them into continuously processing pipelines. The project is written in a mix of JRuby and Java.
We are looking for talented Senior Full Stack Engineers passionate about data, about infrastructure, and more importing about combining the two and turning them into valuable and actionable insights via UI. You will get the chance to contribute and innovate to UIs built on top of the Kibana platform for:
- Logstash - centralized pipeline management, pipeline viewer or grok debugger
You will have the opportunity to work with exceptional engineers on cutting edge technology in a small and focused team. The team is diverse and distributed across the world, and collaborates on daily basis over Github, Zoom, and Slack.
Skills you will bring along:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline or 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with Typescript or another statically typed language is preferred.
- Experience with React or at least one other modern JS Framework
- Experience in building large scale pluggable/extendable UIs
- Firm understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with time-series and other visualizations used in monitoring systems
- Experience in developing using a TDD or BDD workflow.
- Familiarity with GraphQL is a plus
- Experience using monitoring products in production is a plus.
- Experience using and/or operating the Elastic stack is a big plus.
- Familiarity with building data processing pipeline visualizations is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team player with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- A belief in progress over perfection.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.