At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Ingest at Elastic:
- Are you passionate about data, about infrastructure, and more importantly about combining the two and turning them to valuable and actionable insights via UI?
- Do you have a deep understanding of how to model and visualize time-series data sets and how to craft meaningful workflows for users who seek to understand the state of complex systems?
- We work on integrations that span the entire Elastic Stack, from Elasticsearch to Logstash and from Beats to APM.
What you'll be doing:
- Innovate and contribute to a UI for monitoring the Elastic Stack, built on top of the Kibana platform.
- Directly interact with and learn from our user community.
- Collaborate with other development teams, quality engineering team, and documentation team to execute on product deliverables.
Skills you will bring:
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline and 5+ years of front end development work.
- Experience with at one modern framework like: React, Angular 2+, Vue"
- Excellent understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Familiarity with time-series and other visualizations used in monitoring systems
- Experience using monitoring products in production is a plus.
- Experience using and/or operating the Elastic stack is a big plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- A belief in progress over perfection.
- Ability to work in a distributed team throughout the world.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.