Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Network Ninja is a 100% remote company that has been making web applications for marketing agencies, legal aid agencies, and non-profits since 1998. Our MainEvent team focuses on software that helps marketing agencies and brands manage field marketing campaigns, from event scheduling and staffing to data collection, payroll, reporting, data analytics and graphical analysis. If you've seen the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile on the road, or talked to a Samsung rep at a Best Buy, or seen a promotion at a US Cellular store, you've interacted with a campaign handled by MainEvent.
We're a small team with some big, super interesting problems. On a typical day we might be optimizing an API call, designing a new dynamic form builder UI, figuring out a better way to handle offline data syncing on a mobile device, or creating a new customizable dashboard builder. The backend of our main application is written in PHP with legacy frontend tools written in jQuery and Angular. We favor Vue.js for new applications, but we're always open to picking the right tool for the job.
This role will be focused on the frontend, initially working mostly on a ground-up rewrite of our cross-platform mobile app, and eventually expanding to help improve the interface and features of our core application.
- Work with our fantastic project managers to build production-ready, high quality applications
- Collaborate with our designers and customers to build elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Write performant, maintainable, well-documented code
- Take responsibility for fixing bugs and troubleshooting issues
- Help out the team by offering your insight, doing code reviews, staying up to date on the latest technology, and joining in project discussions to guide the future of the application
- Everyone has a different “year’s worth of experience” but we think 5 years is probably the minimum that would correspond with all the other “deep knowledge” (referenced below) required to do a stellar job on this major component of our product. If you’re an outstanding developer with fewer than five years experience and you know you’re up to the challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
- Ability to work 100% remotely with minimal supervision on sometimes tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of a major backend OOP language like PHP, Ruby, Python, Java (PHP familiarity is ideal)
- Experience building non-native mobile applications using Apache Cordova or similar
- Experience working with relational databases (Postgres is a bonus)
- Experience with CI/CD tools, test driven JS development
- Comfortable troubleshooting and debugging issues across the full web stack, including backend, database and external APIs
- Excellent written communication skills and a willingness to share your ideas
- A good eye for elegant user interface design
- Familiarity with security best practices
- Familiarity with AWS is a bonus
If this sounds good to you and you’re a US citizen, permanent resident, or authorized to work in the USA, click the Apply button and send us an email with:
- A brief personal statement / cover letter
- Your resume
- Some code samples or a repo that demonstrates your knowledge of the skills we require
At Network Ninja we value the diversity in backgrounds and experiences that our employees bring to us. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.