Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup in the time tracking and project management space that fully embraces remote work. You work when and where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join our passionate development team.
The correct person will take pride in their work, have extreme attention to detail, and be able to get their hands dirty implementing HTML/CSS/JS frontends. Implementing the designs from our marketing team will be the majority of the job role.
We are looking for a well-rounded front-end developer who also has the backend chops to make modifications to our custom Wordpress theme and implement server-side aspects of their projects using Ruby on Rails.
This position will report to our lead front-end engineer and work closely with our marketing team. You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, and we are looking for someone that can grow with our products for years to come.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. Some of the benefits of working for us is our company-hosted annual retreat, that you get to choose your own schedule, work where you want (cafe, co-working location, your home, anywhere), don't have to ask for permission when you want to take time off, get to dedicate yourself to one project at a time, and have job security and a career path for years to come (we've run the company using positive cash flow from day one and are carefully growing the team and business).
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Can work until at least 1pm EST M - F
- Like having a consistent daily work schedule
- Have at least three years of experience building high quality marketing sites
Frontend Development Requirements:
- Highly skilled with HTML / CSS
- Deep cross-browser experience
- Designing highly responsive pages
Backend Development Requirements:
- Ruby on Rails (enough to implement your front-end work)
- PHP (enough to mess around with our Wordpress install)
- Postgres & MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Background workers
- Writing specification docs
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- Branding & identity experience
- Illustration skills
- Prototyping skills in Sketch, etc.