RightHand Robotics (RHR) is building a world-class team to solve the biggest problem in e-commerce logistics: how to fulfill orders, despite demand that’s growing at six times the rate of available labor. Our cutting-edge robotic picking systems manipulate hundreds of thousands of items—it’s a software-driven, hardware-enabled technology that meets the increasing demands of e-commerce order fulfillment and other industries.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer to work with our Platform team to help drive projects that add new capabilities to our RightPick™ robotics pick-and-place systems. This individual will work closely with other engineering and research teams to integrate state-of-the-art algorithms, incorporate new hardware components, and improve the usability, stability, and speed of our platforms.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain key software components
- Debug complex, real-time, multi-process systems
- Collaborate with other teams, including hardware and product, to develop and deploy solutions to address customer needs
- 7+ years of experience using Python in a production environment
- 7+ years of experience working with Linux in a production environment
- 5+ years working in a team environment
- Leadership experience (team/technical lead, mentoring junior engineers, or other similar)
- Experience working with large, complex, commercial systems (including use of version control, automated testing, build tools)
- Strong architecture/design and code review skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with robot middleware and messaging layers
- Experience in C/C++
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience in Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.