Here at Crisp, we value the strength in teamwork, and strongly believe that it’s the key to Crisp’s success. By bringing together bright, motivated creators, wherever they live and work, we are leveraging humanity’s diversity of experience and background in order to understand the challenges facing our food supply, and solve them together. Come join us, and help build the type of business you’d like to be a part of.
We are a remote-first company which means we give you the opportunity to solve challenges in the global food industry while living and working wherever you are most comfortable. We believe in transparency, diversity, merit and fostering a culture of empowerment, personal impact and career growth.
As a member of the first few engineering teams at Crisp you have will have the unique opportunity to take products from concept to production as we build towards our goal of becoming the global technology platform for the food industry. You will work closely with the co-founder team and be part of not just defining and implementing our technology and product strategy, but also the way we work together as we scale our company.
Signs of a great candidate
- Collaborative. You know that your team members’ perspectives will make your solutions better. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together.
- Customer focused. User experience trumps everything. You understand that a product will have little value if the customers don't enjoy using it.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a remote company and you enjoy the benefits of working remotely while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly, but without unnecessary ambiguity. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, design a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You are fluent with your toolchain and can deliver well-designed, well-tested production-ready features quickly. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful, rather than complaining about them.
- Analytical and practical mind. You strive for simple, precise solutions to complex problems. Complex solutions are only acceptable when absolutely needed. You strive for correct solutions, but know what actually matters and when to make compromises. You know when to ship and when to optimize.
Crisp’s tech stack
- Statically typed, modern languages. We use TypeScript and Kotlin, but knowledge of them is not a requirement and we’re happy to help you come up to speed.
- Continuous deployment. Code is never far from being deployed to production, because if it’s not in production, it’s not solving problems in the real world. Our branch time spans are short, and features under development are hidden behind feature flags.
- JVM based back-end. The JVM has a robust, rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that we’re leveraging to help us focus on building solutions, not tool-chains.
- Cloud first. As a services offering in the 21st century, the cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present. We’re fully invested in using the features offered by our cloud provider in order to minimize technical debt and maximize productivity.
- Micro-services. Not for the sake of the buzz, but when they make sense. By adopting a modern, thoughtful services architecture we’re able to scale organizationally, reduce technical debt, and maintain a high, sustained velocity.
We are building a team of developers with a breadth of combined experiences so that we can collaboratively build great products. There are no hard requirements on specific background, experience or geographical location. Instead we’re looking for individuals that are capable, reliable, and hoping to grow along with us. Do you have strengths you can share? If so, we’d love to hear from you!