Are you interested in joining a growing SaaS company that helps content owners connect with audiences and develop video businesses?
We are looking for a Latin America or US Front end engineer excited about content management, APIs, cloud computing, and video to join our engineering team building out the infrastructure for digital video.
What’s exciting about this role:
- You will be part of a highly experienced technical team, working in a collaborative fast paced environment and facing exciting challenges.
- We have our own amazing Infrastructure team and we love them !
- Our infrastructure is running mostly in Google Cloud leveraging Kubernetes and Docker. We also have some services running in AWS using SQS, Lambda, EC2 and ECS
- We use Terraform to handle resources lifecycle in AWS and GCP.
- We use CircleCI as our continuous integration and delivery platform. CircleCI runs specs and makes the deployment for us!!
- Be a self-motivated and proactive individual, excited to work with experienced developers in NYC and Buenos Aires.
- Create and negotiate story cards in collaboration with the team
- Participate in a software development process that includes 3 week sprints, daily standups and heavy use of JIRA
- Design, author and ship user facing dashboards and developer facing APIs
- Participate in software architecture discussions & write software architecture documentation
- Review and edit engineering and user facing documentation
What you’ll need
- Experience with at least 1 front end framework (React, Angular, Vue, etc.) and 1 CSS framework (SASS, LESS, Tailwind, Bootstrap)
- Working knowledge of front end best practices, design patterns, and web application performance
- Familiarity with - and desire to learn more about - server side technologies
- Passion for user experiences and building customer facing software
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, comfortable with using video and online collaboration tools
- Experience with video transcoding and video players a big plus
- Familiarity with Ruby & Rails
- Familiarity with another general purpose programming language
- Docker experience
- Candidate has created a full stack application
Why become a Zypester?
You will be developing in a global team that is planning to grow by 60% in 2021 to build the infrastructure for digital video. You’ll make a durable mark on our organization, people, and product that is supporting video streaming to over 70 million households (and growing).
We foster collaboration, invest in training & development, promote from within and encourage Zypesters to support those causes they deeply care about.
Read more about becoming a Zypester, how we live by our Core Values and invest in our team with awesome benefits at http://www.zype.com/careers.