What does this team do?
The Motley Fool's product tech team builds and maintains the websites for our free and subscription products. We collaborate with stakeholders across the company to conceive, design, and develop new features for those sites, and we keep our legacy systems humming for our growing audience of new and veteran investors.
What would you do in this role?
As a Front-End Developer, you’ll be working on a fast-paced team responsible for the code that powers our ultimate goal of helping people invest their hard-earned cash more effectively and profitably. Successful Fools have well-formed opinions (stemming from their broad experience) and the ability to jump right into code independently.
But what does this role actually do?
- Collaborate with designers, product owners, and other team members to produce quality user interfaces
- Work with other developers and stakeholders to solve not only hard technical problems, but also challenging process roadblocks
- Roll up your sleeves and dig into legacy code to battle bugs
- Brainstorm ideas for helping scale our sites as our audience grows
We’d love to work with you if:
- You solve problems: You spot issues and inefficiencies from a mile away and aren’t afraid to suggest solutions and then dive in to implement them. You know when to seek input from others and are constantly looking for ways to improve our code, processes, and people.
- You pay attention to detail: Missed details erode accountability, and that hurts when customers are trusting us to provide the analysis and tools they use to make financial decisions. You actively pull in other team members to review your code and understand the value of testing when necessary.
- You’re curious and love to learn: Whether it’s the latest technology, how the Foolish business operates, or investing; you have an insatiable appetite for knowledge. And you love to share with your fellow Fools – dropping links in Slack is like breathing for you.
- You take pride in your work: You want to ensure that every customer has a great experience with The Motley Fool because of what you build.
- You love to have fun: You see your job as an opportunity to express your creativity and collaborate with others.
What do you need to apply?
- Experience building components and single-page applications with Vue.js
- Experience with front-end frameworks like Tailwind and Bootstrap
- Ability to debug at all levels of the stack
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors like Sass and Less
- Ability to build user interfaces from mockups
- Strong understanding of foundational web technologies and standards
- Availability for production support
- Experience with Django-based applications is a plus
The Motley Fool has been twice named Glassdoor’s #1 Best Small Business to work for in the U.S., named to Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2020, named one of BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work in Colorado, and we’re a perennial favorite on Washingtonian’s list of Best Places to Work year after year. Our targeted cash compensation for this role is between $90,000 and $125,000, which does not include any potential equity offerings. Below you’ll see a few of our perks, but check out this site for the complete list:
- No “vacation policy” (not to be confused with a “No vacation” policy)
- Paid maternity, paternity, and pet-ernity leave
- $1,000 to invest when you start
- Super low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage
- Comprehensive compensation package, including company equity
Please note, no sponsorship is available for this position.