Ready to take a different path? Passionate about technology? Love horse racing? Eager to work in a rapidly growing industry? Fascinated by the world of gambling and casinos? If you answered YES to any of these questions, the 1/ST TECHNOLOGY Group could be the right fit for you!
1/ST TECHNOLOGY is a global group of technology, service, and wagering companies that provides B2B and B2C wagering and betting infrastructure for the horse racing and casino industries. Our companies and products include AmTote, Xpressbet, 1/ST BET, and PariMAX, and we are always eager to add enthusiastic and knowledgeable members to our growing team. Whether you’re a railbird, gamer, or you’re just passionate about technology, and we’d love to find out if there’s a spot where you can thrive in the 1/ST TECHNOLOGY Group.
1/ST Technology is currently searching for a very talented React.JS Developer. You will be responsible for mostly front-end and some minor back-end development using a combination of the latest tools and technologies to build everything the user sees and interacts with on a website and mobile application. You have an understanding of how to work with and build mobile and desktop applications. You will demonstrate and accomplish your duties through a respectful, constructive, energetic, and motivating style guided by company objectives. Everything you work on supports us in growing our product quickly into worldwide markets.
Competencies that drive success: Communication Proficiency; Decision Making; Leadership; Organizational Skills; Personal Effectiveness & Credibility; Problem Solving & Analysis; Results Driven; Strategic Thinking; Technology Skills; Time Management and Teamwork Orientation.
- Build a ReactJS mobile application using Redux for state management and Firebase for data persistence
- Make incremental changes to TypeScript microservices to support front end development
- Practice test-driven development and write industry-standard unit tests.
- Work with cross-functional teams for API integrations.
- Be a champion for code quality.
- Take full ownership of a feature from conception to launch.
- Participate in peer code reviews and Agile development activities.
- Be a champion for agile development, code quality, continuous deployment and integration, and elegant design.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in Frontend Development.
- 2+ years experience specifically implementing using ReactJS in TypeScript
- Experience writing Unit Tests and practicing Test Driven Development. Familiarity with Jest is preferred.
- Working experience with Git.
- Proven understanding of object-oriented and functional design patterns
- Experience in client architecture and performance optimization tools in the mobile space.
- Exceptional debugging and problem solving both individually and in a team.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills; collaborating in a team environment. Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team and independently to dive deep and solve tough problems.
- Self-motivated, quick/continuous learner with a passion for innovation.
Preferred Experience and/or Education:
- 3 to 5 years experience working with ReactJS in TypeScript, writing Unit Tests, and Git.
- Wagering/gaming industry experience; Knowledge of horse racing, pari-mutuel wagering, gaming, sports wagering, and/or social marketplace industries; Working in a scaled agile environment is a plus.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, benefits, and consideration for the relevance of relocation assistance.
- Travel is not required during COVID-19, but 5% travel is expected afterward.
- Base Work Location – Position based in Hunt Valley, MD (preferred) with 100% remote work from home consideration available. Note: Due to pandemic and based on business direction, positions are remote work full time until otherwise notified.