Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Front End Engineer to join our Product Team. In this role, you will be working with the Director of Product and CTO to design and deliver the best user learning experience to our learners.
About the Role
As a Front End Engineer, you will take care of our learner-facing product and user interface. Reporting to our Director of Engineering, you will be expected to:
- Build, test, ship, and maintain code for Osmosis’ learner-facing platform and user interface
- Collaborate and problem solve with the Product Team to develop the most user-friendly medical education platform
- Improve site usability, integrate user feedback, and implement best practices
- Assist the Design Team to turn mockups into functioning web pages
- Maintain brand identity across all medias and keep design thinking front of mind
- Work closely with Content and Marketing teams to build out and iterate on user funnels
- Contribute to a high-impact medical education platform that reaches hundreds of thousands of learners each year
- The ability to wed design sensibilities and functionality in support of maintaining the Osmosis brand across organization websites and platforms experience
- Experience with front end frameworks: Knockout.js, Jade/Pug templates, Less
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to give and receive feedback - especially in a remote setting
- Proven track record of running funnel optimization tests to improve retention especially in education technology
- Passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values
- Negentropic. You bring order to everything you touch and have a keen attention to detail
- Communication Wizard. You can talk with learners, developers, and other team members to understand their needs, collaborate and find solutions.
- Adaptable. You are flexible and versatile with projects, goals, and strategies. You move quickly with change and stay open-minded
- Proactive. You are able to seek out new ways to help and problem-solve with your team members.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Lifelong Learner. You are actively consuming content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and applying these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value Oriented. You share our values, and demonstrate those values in your daily work.
Osmosis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Portfolio of any relevant work
- Answers to the following (3) questions (50 words or less for each question):
- What is the biggest struggle you’ve had to overcome developing a mobile-friendly site?
- What is one thing you would change about current Osmosis homepage to improve our user adoption? Why?
Incomplete applications will not be considered.