At Medium, we’re building a platform that gives people a place to share their stories and ideas. People write and read on Medium because we strive to elevate a diversity of ideas without compromising user safety. Medium doesn’t have ads and we don’t spy on our users. We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality and user privacy, while maintaining an attention to detail that facilitates the kind of thoughtful interactions we’re known for.
We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You’re comfortable programming and interacting with APIs.
- You love being a generalist. Being on a Trust & Safety team means sometimes jumping between different codebases, on both frontend and backend.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of computer programming, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
- You care about data privacy and the general health of discourse on the Internet.
We’d particularly love it if:
- You have experience dealing with spam
- You’re someone who reads privacy policies
This role can be based in San Francisco, New York, or be remote within the U.S.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.