Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help improve and build out a complex react + redux application that interfaces with a Rails backend, and is committed to delivering and improving quality services to Veterans Administration and the entire Veterans community.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you'll be able to work interruption-free.
What you'll be doing:
Working hand in hand with other engineers in building out interfaces that match designs. These interfaces consume and create data from a rails backend. Your input will help drive the direction and format of data endpoints and your day to day efforts will include communicating architecture choices to other team members.
We are looking for someone with the following skillset:
- Experience working with reusable react and redux components, Drupal-based content management system, and Github
- Minimum of 4 years working in a user-centered Agile software development environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Deep thorough experience with a front end JS framework (preferably React)
- A solid understanding of API design and how backend systems work (bonus if has used Rails)
- The ability to write code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand easily
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle - from gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements to creating application system models
- Experience participating in design meetings and consulting with your project team to refine, test, and debug programs in order to meet business needs.
- Understand and describe how application state changes over time.
- Ability to conduct independent research to lead or support the resolution of complex questions and issues
- Familiar with tenets of user-centered design and DevOps
- Working knowledge of USDS playbook and VA Digital Services Handbook preferred
- The ability to speak and write in terms that non-developers can understand clearly, whether it be in a conference call, blog post or support email
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and take initiative in performing tasks.
- A team player must be able to work professionally and collaboratively with the government customer and other contract members of the project team.
Must be located within the US
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/oddballio/view/P_AAAAAADAAADGbHWG61fIfl?trackingTag=weworkremotely