DeviantArt - the largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts, and a platform for emerging and established artists to exhibit, promote, and share their work with an enthusiastic, art-centric community. We have over 45 million registered members and attract over 50 million unique visitors per month. Our members — known as deviants — upload thousands of pieces of original artworks every day, everything from painting and sculpture to digital art, pixel art, films, and anime.
Our technology department is responsible for working on interesting scalable technologies and fun features across a number of areas of DeviantArt. Our worldwide remote teams work on a rapid iteration process and encourage collaboration between developers, UI designers, product managers, and non-technical staff.
You’re passionate about software engineering, and constantly expanding your knowledge. You have strong communication skills, are a self-learner and you engage with the product development lifecycle from concept to support. You also pay close attention to detail, animation and user experience.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Have some exposure to TypeScript, ES6, lodash, Redux saga, Sass/Less, any template engine (JSX, Jade).
- Are well versed in working with server-side APIs.
- Have experience with automation and package management tools such as Grunt, NPM, Yarn, Webpack.
- Have knowledge of React server-side rendering.
- Practice TDD.
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will:
- Build rich React applications with different state-management paradigms within a very new codebase that leans on frameworks and tooling developed by large and very experienced teams.
- Push your code to millions of users every day.
- Interact and collaborate daily with a world-class product, UX and design teams.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Please submit links to your live projects, GitHub accounts or other examples of your best sample code!