Do you have experience with frontend development in a start-up or other fast-paced environments? Do you want to help us drive the company forward creating the future of work?
We are growing fast and need help to build our product into a great design platform that includes project management features, real-time chat, staffing, file annotation, and more.
Our vision is to bring the future of work to life and flood the world with beautiful, intuitive design - all while building a creative platform the likes of which the world has not yet seen. And we want your help.
Born out of Norway and the US, Superside since 2015 has grown to almost 300 employees located all around the world, spanning 50+ countries and 19 timezones. Superside is a remote scale-up building a design workflow and collaboration platform while delivering creative work to some of the most innovative companies in the industry. By building customizable managed workflows and communication technology, we are changing the way the world creates and collaborates at scale.
We have the backing and momentum to do it - Y Combinator, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital and High Alpha Capital are all supporting our vision, and over the last year, Superside has grown over 250 percent. Through our platform, Superside has attracted some of the world’s largest brands, such as Facebook, Redbull, Puma, Amazon, Salesforce, Cisco, HP, Twitch, Airbus, L'Oreal, Tiffany & Co.
Growing our engineering and product team is just the next step in this exciting journey and one that will lead to our biggest achievements yet.
About the Engineering team
We work remotely, meaning that we want to work with the best, no matter where you want to live. Our growing engineering and product team is full of alumni from Spotify, Adobe, Yandex, Mail.ru and more, all now looking to disrupt creative operations together. The team is fully distributed across Europe but everyone is working within CET +/- 3 hours.
Today, our engineering team consists of 16 developers, our aim is to extend to 25-30 engineers within the year.
Superside works closely together and emphasizes a product-driven mindset. Everyone is given a lot of freedom and autonomy, and you’ll be able to take part in all types of product-related discussions, ranging from architecture to algorithms, DevOps and Cloud. You will work with scrum methodology, weekly product meetings, daily stand-ups with the team and weekly grooming sessions.
What you'll do
- Implement the features and user interfaces of the internal Superside app (Superspace) like the Superchat and the staffing system
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end system tools that drive complex web applications
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Be part of important product discussions, and discuss with product managers, ux designers and other engineers
- Build a design commenting system ala Figma
- Build and improve on our Chat and Collaboration system (Superchat)
- Build integrations towards other services in the design space
- Build out our project management and automated workflow platform
- Improve on our staffing system
- Build out a design assets management system with integration towards services like figma, indesign, dropbox
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience with React and Node.js
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Hard-working team player
- Fast and stable internet connection
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
Frontend: NodeJS, Lambda Edge, Next.js/ React, Styled Components, Typescript, Sanity Headless CMS
Backend: Java/Kotlin, Spring Boot 2, Hibernate/ AWS RDS / MySql, Redisson/Redis, Junit for testing, ElasticSearch
Infrastructure: Terraform, AWS SQS/SNS, ECS, Cloudfront, Route53, EC2, S3, WAF, PageDuty, ParameterStore, ALB, Docker, Jenkins, Pusher, Mailgun
Why join us?
- Truly global community with people across 50+ countries
- Flexibility of working from anywhere in the world
- Become part of a rapidly growing startup disrupting a massive global industry with a huge market opportunity
- A fast-moving, trusting, ego-free and truth-seeking environment
- Have a significant impact on the growth and future of the company
- Significant future growth opportunity in the role
- Pioneer the remote and data-driven future of work in a fair, meritocratic and supportive community
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/superside-senior-frontend-engineer