Sr. Backend engineer
Empower the voices of the world @ Zencastr. If you want to push the world of podcasting into the future, come join a team that loves to live on the edge! We are a fully distributed team of smart people who are passionate about changing the world one voice at a time.
You should join us if :
* You have significant experience with Node.js and good knowledge of JS fundamentals
* You have a good understanding of computer science fundamentals. You might not have gone to school for it, but you know the difference between heap and stack, different time complexities, and which patterns to use and when.
* You are ambitious. You might want to build your own company one day or have tried to tackle the toughest tech problems just for fun
* You have an eye for performance. Whether thinking about the latest client-side bundling techniques, or the proper way to shard a mongo database, you want things to be fast.
* You are a team player
* You have good communication skills
What sets you apart:
* You have a passion for high-performance applications
* You have significant open source contributions
* You want to work in a fast-growing startup. This comes with the blood, sweat, and tears of working to disrupt an established industry
* You have empathy for the end-user. A spec is a conversation starter, as an advocate for the end-user you are always thinking about how to best serve their needs.
*You have an eye for code quality, and you strive to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
Why you should choose us:
* You’ll be working with world-class engineers, Ph.D.’s, machine learning engineers, and designers in a fully distributed team
* Work in an agile and fast-changing environment
* Equity commensurate to your contribution to a profitable company
* Health insurance / vision / dental
* Unique challenges and the support and talent to solve them
* 3 weeks PTO
* Freedom to work where you please
What we’re looking for:
* 5 + years of Typescript, Node.js development
* Strong document / key-value store knowledge (Redis, MongoDB)
* Demonstrable knowledge of building scalable, consumer-based apps
* Ability to lead design and implementation of major software components, systems, and features
* Strong experience with unit, integration, and load testing
* Experience building APIs
* Experience with Docker containers, Implementing Docker Containers, Container Clustering
* Experience with cloud technologies (Google Cloud, Digital Ocean)
Bonus points if you have:
* Experiencing working in high traffic, low latency applications
* Good dev-ops experience
* Digital Signal Processing / Audio / Video / Streaming experience
* Strong SQL knowledge
* Experience with container orchestration technology such as Kubernetes a big plus
We are flexible! For the right candidate, we ask: What do you need to do your best work?