Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last ten years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 165 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
Hireology’s technology team is remote-first, meaning it is not mandatory to work from the Chicago office at any time.
It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Senior Front End Engineer to our team who can help us continue to evolve our systems from where we are to the latest ideas.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but our Engineering and UX teams work remotely. In non-pandemic times, we have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings. Even in pandemic times, we have frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As one of our Senior Front End Engineers, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working with the Product and User Experience team to identify new features and functionality
- Building standalone React-based interfaces for our new Go-based services
- Work with Engineering teams to convert mockups to working views in the application
- Pair with both Engineering and User Experience teams to solve problems collaboratively
- Be passionate about growing professionally
- Investigate new front end technologies and how they can be applied to improve the user experience
- Manage global CSS/Sass to ensure it is clean, consistent, and efficient.
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
Results-Driven: Must have a proven record of driving results in high-growth companies and must have an inner drive to succeed. You will have a desire to want to grow professionally and progress in your career.
Customer-Oriented: A successful Senior Front End Engineer has outstanding relationship capabilities, interpersonal and communication skills.
Eager to Learn: Technology is ever-changing and as a Senior Front End Engineer you should have your pulse on what is new and emerging.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Senior Front End Engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in a frontend software development role
- Passion for creating great user experiences on multiple platforms, including mobile screens.
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS/Sass, responsive, and accessibility-driven development
- Advanced experience with Node.js, npm/yarn, and webpack
- Experienced usage of Git and Github
- Mobile development is a huge plus!
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Primary work location must be within the lower 48 states of the USA
Experience and/or skills with these aspects of front end development are definite plusses:
- Progressive Web App development and maintenance
- Advanced React.js styling systems (such as styled-system, styled-components)
- React functional and class component development (such as Hooks and Context)
- Client-based API interactions (such as REST, GraphQL)
- Organized component development (such as Storybook.js)
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with a couple of our Front End Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. Bonus points if you have a personal project to walk us through. No homework or on-the-spot assignments!
- Go over your career history with our VP of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if you want to go where we are going with us.
- Meet virtually with more members of the Engineering team. We want to give you an idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your favorite sandwich.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our executive leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine!
Agency and/or third party Inquires will not be accepted. Must be authorized to work in the United States. We are not able to provide or transfer visa sponsorship.
Hireology is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or protected veteran status, or any other category protected under the law. All employment decisions are solely based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We support an inclusive workplace where Hireologists excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/hireology-senior-front-end-engineer-2