Headquarters: California, United States
Tablet Command is a remote team with the company being based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Preferred time zones are Pacific, +/- 1h or Australia (Melbourne), +/- 1h.
The ideal candidate will have experience working remotely. We look for strong communication skills and a passion for high-quality software. We love keeping up with new technology and best practices and we hope you do too.
In our software, we value robustness, stability, resilience, and performance. If our code works, lives are saved. If our code fails, lives can be at risk. We’re motivated by the fact that our work has a real impact and it pushes us to be better every day.
As a part of a small, collaborative, and agile tech team, you will be a primary contributor to two Android-based applications. You will build, test, debug and maintain application software throughout the product lifecycle. We talk to our users directly whenever possible so you will need a strong customer focus. If something goes wrong, we pull together as a team and scramble to fix it.
In your application please include an example of something you’ve created and are proud of. This can be anything you choose: an app you’ve built, some code, a blog post, a pull request, or whatever you like.
- Application development making RESTful API calls to services
- Solid professional experience building applications with Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience building and maintaining mission-critical software
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a remote team
- Action-oriented, diligent, and flexible
- Passion for public safety and software that impacts society in a positive way
We’re committed to Tablet Command being a company where the best developers want to work. We treat people well by favoring remote work, family-friendly policies, and reasonable work hours. We build great software by ensuring clean and pragmatic programming practices, letting the team lead decisions, hiring smart people, and getting things done. We keep our edge with a commitment to inclusion and professional development.
The most important part of our company is the human element. No matter what we do, it’s guided first and foremost by an obsession with being fair, humane, kind, and respectful.
At Tablet Command you will:
- Work on high-profile, meaningful software that makes a tangible difference in people’s lives.
- Your code will get people home safe to their families.
- Work with a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about technology and public safety.
- Work with great equipment and cutting-edge tools.
- Be given a competitive compensation package with a generous vacation policy.
If you think we are a good fit for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter, letting us know why you want this job and why you are the best candidate for this position.
Your resume will be reviewed and, if selected, you will be scheduled for a short phone screen. During this call, we want to learn about you and give you the opportunity to learn about Tablet Command and our team.
If we (and you) want to continue we’ll have a second interview with more of the team where we get to know you a little better. We’ll talk in-depth about your experience, your approach to work and problem solving, and other common interview topics.
The final stage for successful candidates will be a work sample challenge followed by a code review and remote pairing session. The work sample challenge will take no longer than an hour to complete and the pairing session will run 1-2 hours. If selected, a conditional job offer will be presented that is contingent upon reference and background check.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tablet-command-inc-android-developer-engineer