Headquarters: New York, NY
Hi there! We’re looking for a Front End Developer with Shopify expertise to join the Alt & Dot team. Want to watch your code directly impact a merchant’s sales and conversions? Enjoy bringing designs to life with thoughtfully crafted code? Read on.
You love code. You enjoy transforming ideas into pragmatic code. You take pride in shipping code that is concise, readable, and standards-compliant.
You love great UX. While you spend most of your time developing, you know your work is about more than the code. You keep the user experience in mind with an eye for design and empathy for the end user.
You love learning new things. You’re excited by new technology and love that your work affords the opportunity for continuous learning. You’re always eager to explore a new language or framework, or to pick up a new hobby outside of the office.
You love helping others. You’re an excellent (and patient) communicator, keen to share your knowledge and put your expertise to use to help teammates, clients, and the community at large.
ABOUT ALT & DOT
Operating with Canadian politeness, a New York work ethic, and a splash of California fun, we’re a remote-first Shopify Plus Partner crafting Shopify solutions for high growth ecommerce merchants.
Founded in NYC by a Canadian developer and a Californian designer, we believe the client relationship should be about more than just pixels and code. We pride ourselves on partnering with clients to deliver solutions that solve actual problems, create real opportunities, and bring true value to their businesses.
We offer strategy, design, and development services and enjoy collaborative, ongoing relationships with our clients. We grow by helping them grow.
We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, religion, nationality, sex, physical or mental disability, or age. We believe, when we work together with different views, experiences, and ideas, we can do amazing things.
Our team is fully remote and stays in touch primarily via Slack and weekly stands-ups over Zoom.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a contract-to-hire position, hours are flexible.
Things you’ll do...
- Empower clients to grow their businesses through thoughtful implementation
- Develop from-scratch themes on the Shopify platform
- Implement new features or help improve UI/UX on existing themes
- Collaborate with the team to transform requirements into robust solutions
- Bring mockups and designs to life
- Optimize sites for desktop, mobile and various browsers
Things we'll do for you...
- Offer performance incentives for meeting individual and company goals.
- Encourage continuous learning with a curiosity stipend.
- Equip you with the software needed to excel in your role.
- Sponsor biannual retreats and/or conferences for you to meet your colleagues face-to-face.
You'll succeed with...
- Native-level English fluency
- 2+ years experience in Shopify web development
- Preferred Expertise: Gulp, Ruby on Rails, Vue.js, Node.js
- Demonstrated ability to transform designs (e.g. Sketch, Figma, PSDs) into code
- An understanding of cross-browser compatibility and responsive design
- Ability to self-manage with excellent time management and communication skills
You’ll excel with...
- Experience authoring Shopify themes from scratch
- Knowledge of Git or other version control systems
- Familiarity with performance testing and optimization
- Familiarity with A/B testing, SEO and data-driven practices
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, GTM
- Familiarity with WCAG and accessibility best practices
- Experience with Shopify API and SDKs
HOW TO APPLY
Complete your application below. We’ve included a few questions that we would normally ask at the start of an interview. This helps us get to know you a bit better and expedite the interview process. Be sure to answer each question for your application to be considered. Creativity in your application is both welcome and encouraged. :)
To apply: https://altanddot.workable.com/jobs/1007399