Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open-source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Amida is currently looking for a UI/UX Developer to join our team. In this role you will design and develop user interfaces and user experiences for Amida's web applications and platforms. You will engage with stakeholders, developers, and designers to understand requirements/challenges and collaborate on effective solutions. You will be involved in all aspects of the UI/UX process, including user research, information architecture, content strategy, interaction design, user interface design, and visual design.
What you will be doing:
- Identifying user behaviors through contextual research, interviews, focus groups, and facilitation
- Creating and executing usability tests
- Creating and caring for usable content through content audits, reviews, and governance
- Establishing the structure of a website or application by designing content layouts and navigation
- Designing user flows and human-computer interactions
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes, mockups, style guides, and specifications
- Determining use cases and user interaction to design solutions to support business objectives
- Carrying wireframes to delivery of final high fidelity UI mockups
- Creating micro-interactions and animations
- Designing and recommending visual styles and standards
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, Web Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Integrated Digital Media, Information Systems or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 2-4+ years of experience in user interface and user experience design
- Experience using relevant design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Axure, Omnigraffle, and/or Sketch
- A design portfolio including samples of work
- A firm grasp of responsive design and test-driven development to include unit testing, Jasmine, cross-browser compatibility
- Past projects using Git/Github, preferably contributing to open-source projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure complex or undefined business problems
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite