CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is a consulting agency that helps enterprise organizations to better understand their problems and identify opportunities where Open Source technologies can be utilized to solve these problems.
What makes this agency stand apart is that all engineers work within a proprietary development framework which improves the accuracy of estimations and the quality of the code. This process has checks and balances which allow the developers to make the most of their time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A core part of excelling in this project will involve following the client's development process. This includes:
- Suggesting alternative solutions to tasks in order to achieve estimates
- Keeping track of time by ticket number using Toggl time tracking tool
- Being aware of estimates on tickets and doing everything you can do to hit estimates, including offering implementation compromises up to your project manager and the client
- Keeping track of JIRA tickets and ensuring your ticket statuses are up to date.
As a candidate, you will be humble, honest, hungry and smart - your preferred working style will be organized, systematic, and logical. You will also have the ability to work in a team and grow from constructive feedback.
RELATIONSHIPS - WHO YOU'LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will be reporting to the agency Principal who is also a senior software engineer. You'll also work with other developers who have worked on projects for the same client for technical discussions. Further, you'll work directly with the client to understand their needs and develop the best solution for the technical challenges. You will have support from a variety of sources for business and technical context. There is an existing daily meeting at 11:00am America/Los Angeles (-07:00) PDT.
- At least one popular front-end framework (React, Angular, or otherwise)
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity/experience with Docker and container technologies
- Full-stack experience
- Experience with JIRA
- Ability to track all time using predefined ticket numbers (the client's process makes this relatively painless)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
- Experience with Meteor.js
- Experience with Go/Golang
- Computer Science degree or comparable solid knowledge and real-world programming experience
- Contribution to at least one Open Source project
- Linux admin capabilities
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
The pay rate for this role is from $30 to $125 USD per hour, depending on experience and capability.
The client prefers someone who is looking for part-time work and is open to working as an hourly W2 employee. While you don't need to be a US citizen, you must be working within the United States for this project.
If you're interested, please DO NOT apply via StackOverflow - follow the link below and click the "Login to Apply" button: