Our homes are our most valuable asset and also the most difficult to buy and sell. Knock is on a mission to make trading in your house as simple and certain as trading in your car. Started by founding team members of Trulia.com (NYSE: TRLA, acquired by Zillow for $3.5B), Knock is an online home trade-in platform that uses data science to price homes accurately, technology to sell them quickly and a dedicated team of professionals to guide you every step of the way. We share the same top-tier investors as iconic brands like Netflix, Tivo, Match, HomeAway and Houzz. We are seeking a passionate Front End Mobile Engineer to help us build our internal and customer-facing iOS and Android mobile applications such as the Knock HomePro app. You must be a developer with a sense of good design and UX. We are looking for someone with strong views who is passionate about creating great products.
- Build and maintain compelling experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing iOS and Android mobile applications such as Knock HomePro using React Native.
- Collaborate with design, product, engineering and other teams.
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging and deployments.
- Must be U.S. based.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of full lifecycle software development experience in web and mobile technologies including coding, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment.
- Strong desire to contribute to a rapidly growing startup and being comfortable with learning new tools and technologies.
- Strong knowledge of React Native, and experience using React Native in production.
- Knowledge of mobile internals including native modules, local device storage, background processing/threading, etc.
- Knowledge of best mobile practices and performance tuning.
- Experience with Node.js.
Bonus points for knowledge of:
- Microsoft CodePush in production
- Mobile app deployment processes and tooling
What we can offer you:
- An amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building the next multi-billion dollar consumer brand around the single largest purchase of our lives.
- Talented, passionate and mission-driven peers disrupting the status quo.
- Competitive cash, full medical, dental, vision benefits, 401k, flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation (2 weeks mandatory) and sick time.
- Flexibility to live and work anywhere within the United States. As we are a distributed company and engineering team, we are open to any U.S. location for this role.
We have offices in New York, San Francisco, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh, Dallas-Fort Worth, Phoenix, and Denver with more on the way. In fact, we are proud to be a distributed company with employees in 18 different states. This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of building a multi-billion dollar consumer brand in an industry that is long overdue for a new way of doing things. You will be working with a passionate, mission-driven team that is disrupting the status quo. Knock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Knock are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.