Headquarters: Baltimore, MD
*This is a remote role**
About The Role:
At Facet Wealth, we put the client above all else. As a Full Stack Engineer at Facet Wealth, you will work with our Engineering & Product teams, playing a critical role in developing world class commercial software used by our lead planners & clients. Our goals are focused on developing a product to improve the financial lives of millions.
A successful candidate would be proficient in modern front and back end tools and development methodologies. As well as being interested in learning new languages, technology stacks, tackling large and complex problems, and the ability to work both independently and in a peer programming environment.
Tremendous growth potential exists at Facet - your growth opportunities are virtually unlimited. We are truly passionate about helping realize our team members’ potential through active mentorship. We value drive, ownership, and commitment as we grow our company.
Your Day-To-Day Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Product and Planners to define solutions to problems
- Design, develop, and test code written in Golang and React and deployed to AWS
- Estimate tickets in a ScrumBan process
- Commit code constantly to Git/Bitbucket in a mainline development environment
- Write all the tests. Frustrated about never having time for tests? Not at Facet
- Pair program with other developers as desired
- Participate in daily standups
- Participate in weekly “Tech Stack Tuesdays” to learn new development skills and techniques
- Participate in bi-weekly “Fast Fridays” focused on performance improvements in the app
- Participate in in quarterly 3 day Hackathons and win fun prizes
- Constant learning and personal growth
Job Specific Requirements:
- Excited about learning new skills and working in a startup environment where change is normal
- 2-5 years of full stack web development or related experience
- Go, Java, .NET Core, Node.js, or other web-development framework
- Relational databases experience, MySQL is preferred
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Golang and React
- Experience with AWS: ECS, EC2, RDS, S3
- Experience with the REST Architectural style
- Experience with The Clean Architecture
- Experience with Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with frontend toolchains such as Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt
- Experience with frontend testing tools and frameworks such as Mocha/Chai, BrowserStack, Puppeteer
- Experience with automated testing (unit, integration, regression, performance)
- Experience with responsive design and PWAs
- Familiarity with Linux
- Familiarity with Docker
- Familiarity with FinTech APIs such as Plaid, Finicity, Yodlee, APEX, Orion
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with employer match, short and long term disability coverage (paid by Facet), life insurance options and paid maternity and paternity leave
- Certification reimbursement program
- Work from anywhere: our founders are big fans of distributed work
Why Working At Facet Wealth Is Awesome:
Facet Wealth is disrupting the wealth management industry. Our innovative technology and unique planner model allow us to deliver high quality financial planning services to the 33 million mass affluent households in the US. As a company, our goals are to help millions of Americans achieve their financial goals through high quality financial advice previously unavailable to them, build the next generation of financial planning and financial life management tools that redefine how wealth management services are delivered and create a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating!
- We’re here to deliver amazing client experiences. No matter the role at Facet, we are all 100% committed to excellence in service of our clients.
- Every single member of our team needs to be an active participant in helping to improve and evolve our business. We strongly believe great ideas can come from anywhere.
- Change is not only something we tolerate, but something we embrace. Transformative change is critical to our growth and success and we all thrive off of it.
- Everyone belongs: bringing your authentic self to table is what makes you unique and thus Facet unique. We encourage you to be authentically yourself, every single day.
We believe in creating a safe space for open and honest conversations, being inclusive of all communities, and ensuring Facet is a place where everyone’s voice can be heard. At Facet Wealth, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, and ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our clients and employees.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Facet Wealth is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/facet-wealth-full-stack-engineer