Headquarters: Cincinnati, OH
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join our team. You'll work closely with our insurance, product, and engineering teams to ensure we continue to deliver reliable products that delight our customers. SDETs at Coterie are involved in the complete product lifecycle, from feature ideation through production deployment, so you will be a key part of our continued growth and success.
- Develops test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports on multiple projects of varying size based upon the success criteria of a story or project, while working collaboratively with the team(s) to test items completed, either/both manually or by creating automated tests.
- Participates in the project level meetings and checkpoints for reviews and inspections including project confirmation, requirements and functional design, bringing vital stake-holder perspective into testing and technical discussions.
- Works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based on system requirements, determining associated risks, gaps and business impacts by interacting and communicating with both technical and non-technical roles in the organization.
- Possess great situational awareness of the software development lifecycle and have impeccable insights in identifying and designing tests targeting the key checkpoints for the application or service under test
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven, able to work independently to identify and execute on projects that will improve overall software quality
- Experience with automated and manual frontend and backend testing
- Experience with functional, integration, regression, and non-functional testing
- Experience working for a startup
- Experience in the insurance industry
Coterie has excellent benefits for all full-time employees. Through our partner Insperity, we offer:
- Health insurance through United Healthcare (UHC) (we pay 90%)
- Dental (UHC) and vision insurance (VSP) (we pay 100% but there are limits)
- Unlimited PTO. We expect you to take at least 2 weeks during the year not including most bank/federal holidays - Christmas Day, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, July 4, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Labor Day. We also encourage the celebration of personal holidays and important family events.
- Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Continuing Education Stipend
- 100% Remote
- A culture with a deep belief in Intentionality, Inclusion, and treating you like the professional you are.
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/coterie-insurance-software-development-engineer-in-test