We are looking for an engineer with a “find a way or make a way” attitude who has a passion for ensuring products “just work” for customers. The mission of Support Engineering is to be the primary point of contact between Customer Happiness and the Product Engineering organization and to triage and resolve front-line technical issues. The ideal candidate will be someone with a keen sense of customer satisfaction. This individual should be able to troubleshoot and root cause issues reported by customers in the field and take appropriate action to either resolve the issues or gather enough information to help the team in getting those issues resolved.
Our environment is typical of a start-up:
- We work in small teams, fast-paced, we all get a lot done by everyone wearing many hats.
- We are serious about optimizing our time and staying focused on the most important goals and outcomes.
- We are a remote team and are completely on board with 100% remote work, meaning we focus on overcommunication to ensure we can stay in sync despite our physical distance.
- We coordinate using a kanban board, hold a daily standup, and mostly communicate via ad hoc video calls and Slack.
- We’re building lots of new things, but also maintaining a significant business. We are mindful of the balance and need to monitor and pay down tech debt and also innovate with exciting greenfield projects.
We’re a hybrid stack
- Our “NextGen” technology is written in .Net Core, NodeJS and React and lives on GKE/Google Cloud Platform. Our “Legacy” platform is AngularJS (aka Angular 1) and ASP.NET.
- We’re looking for senior talent to contribute to our NextGen but who is also capable, when required, to roll up their sleeves and dive into legacy.
Build something challenging.
This isn't just another CRUD application. Your challenge will be to support a highly-available service with complex business logic being used by hundreds of businesses 24/7 to keep their operations running. Our entity model is vast and a major part of our domain is synchronizing data with third party traceability systems. Explore the limits of your resourcefulness by debugging issues from the field and delivering solutions to our customers working with our software as well as third party traceability systems.
See if you fit our requirements.
For this role, we are looking for someone with the following characteristics:
- 5+ years total engineering experience
- 2-3+ years support engineering experience and or 2-3+ years experience with engineering testing
- Familiarity with ES6/NodeJS & ReactJS Or ASP.NET and AngularJS
- Experience working product engineering on front-end and/or back-end applications
- Experience with SQL and GraphQL queries
- Ability to acutely focus on company objectives and mission at hand.
- Ability to pass a background check; have appropriate work authorization
Your Mission & Responsibilities:
- Be a supporting member of the Engineering support team. Manage workload and help move the needle on getting customer issues resolved in a timely manner.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both the customer support team as well as the development team.
- Work with the lead support engineer to evaluate and prioritize field issues appropriately.
- Take ownership of issues reported from the customer. Apply code and or data fixes where necessary to increase customer satisfaction with the product.
To achieve our mission, we always look for high-caliber people who share our core values:
- Be Customer Obsessed: As a support engineer, our ideal candidate should have a heartbeat on customer satisfaction, and strive to make sure customer issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Over Communicate: As a 100% remote company, over communication is key to delivering continued productivity across all teams. Our ideal candidate goes above and beyond to ensure important messages are received by the correct party.
- Challenge Respectfully: GrowFlow is far more likely to succeed by examining problems and situations through several lenses. Our ideal candidate should be able to engage and work with both the support team and the engineering team to ensure we are delivering the best solution for our customers.
- Extreme Ownership: At GrowFlow, we pride ourselves on each member practicing extreme ownership and accountability. Our ideal candidate should be able and willing to take ownership of customer reported issues and see them all the way to their resolution.
- Stay Curious, Stay Scrappy: Most of us dork out over non-work related topics at a ridiculous level of detail, because that’s how we’re wired. We’re naturally inquisitive, ask tough questions and aren’t afraid to ruffle feathers to find better answers. Our Ideal candidate should be intuitive and eager to learn new things.
- Do Less Better: At GrowFlow, we believe that the path to becoming the market leader looks like focusing on doing fewer things, but doing them better than anyone else in the industry. Our Ideal candidate is able to create a “path of least resistance” when resolving customer reported issues.
- Results Get Rewarded: At GrowFlow, we recognize that the quickest path to becoming the top company in the industry is by forming the top team in the industry. Our ideal candidate should have a heartbeat on KPIs related to the T2 support engineer position and should be focused on measuring and improving metrics related to his or her position.
- We are a fully remote company and this position will be remote.
- We are looking for someone who is ready to join us full-time after a brief trial period (all our employees do this).
- We offer health benefits, 401k, unlimited time off, charity matching, and other cool perks.
- We are offering an annual salary in the range of $70,000 - $90,000 USD.